With the first day of school beginning August 21, the United ISD reminds parents of ways they can help their child start the new school year on the right track!
- Start now, and help your child get back into a regular bedtime schedule.
- When school starts, make sure your child is prepared and on time for class and ensure that your child eats a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Establish a relationship with your child’s teachers. Get to know them as the school year begins and talk to them on ways you can help your child at home.
- Read together with your child. This helps promote the importance of literacy.
- Set a regular study time for your child. Review assignments that your child has brought home to work on. Help ensure they understand the concepts that are being taught in the classroom.
- Get involved in school events. Ask your child’s campus administration on how you can help out and make a difference at your child’s school.
- Remember to reward your child’s efforts – not just results! Positive affirmations such as “great job,” “good work,” and “excellent” mean so much to children and are great motivators to help them continue to do well.
The United ISD Board of Trustees and Superintendent Roberto J. Santos wish all students and their families a wonderful 2017-2018 school year.