The Department of Instruction for Elementary Education in Instructional Technology is designed for the purpose of :
- Increasing levels of technology skills and integration in every classroom for teachers and students
- Continuing training and supporting the integration and skills for pre-k to 5th grade students, teachers and administrators
- Promoting learner-centered instruction through technology infused curriculum
- Conducting research and implementation of the most current uses of hardware, software and the internet as they relate to classroom instruction.
- Contributing to the improvement of student performance in reading, language arts, mathematics, science and social studies through the use of technology.
- Analyzing student strengths/weaknesses and use data to drive learner-centered instruction.
- Supporting the use the Internet as a tool for designing, communicating and posting information for students, teachers, and administrators.
- Promoting the District’s implementation of state-mandated technology curriculum requirements (TEKS for Technology Applications pre-k – 5th)
- Continuously collaborating with elementary instructional staff to align and accomplish curricula objectives.