The mission of the Textbook Department is to ensure that all students and teachers in the United Independent School District have the necessary textbooks and textbook resources to achieve academic success. The Textbook Department is responsible for coordinating the review process and adoption process, as well as the purchase and distribution of the instructional materials utilized by all schools.
- Conduct district Textbook Department inventory.
- Conduct campus textbook department inventories.
- Invoice and collection of lost instructional materials.
- Implement accountability procedures.
- Provide regular textbook management and accountability training to campus administrator designees and campus textbook clerks.
- Coordinate textbook adoption in accordance with proclamation year as well as Texas Education Agency rules and regulations.
- Procure the required instruction materials for all teachers and students in the District using federal allotment money provided by the State of Texas.
- Verify current and projected enrollment in a timely manner in accordance with MIS and Planning Departments.
- Submit textbook requisitions within state deadlines.
- Adhere to textbook adoption timelines.
- Implement automation of District inventory.
How to Reach Us
Our regular working hours are from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm from Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions or requests, please contact us at:
United Independent School District
3501 E. Saunders
Laredo, Texas, 78041
|Francisco Cavazos||Textbook Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org||(956) 473-7979|
|Francisco Hernandez III||Textbook Supervisoremail@example.com||(956) 473-7962|
|Claudia Ruiz||Textbook Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org||(956) 473-7944|
|Geronimo Santos||Textbook Assistantemail@example.com||(956) 473-7978|
|Laura Ortega||Shipping and Receiving||(956) 473-7980|